September 18, 2012

Trailer Park Tuesday (8): TEN


Blood, Sweat and Books hosts the Trailer Tuesday meme and you can check out their awesomeness as well. Since I live in Middle Tennessee, I decided to country-fy my meme and go the trailer park route. *snortle* In my home away from home, I will spotlight some of the awesome book trailers out there in the world.

Holy - buttered - biscuit! Have you seen the trailer for TEN yet by Gretchen McNeil? No? What the frick are you waiting for? Seriously! Okay, so I haven't read her books...yet...but this trailer is so AWESOME! POSSESS has been on my TBR list for eons I think. Remember that super freakish movie, The Ring. A friend and I held hands and linked elbows leaving the theater after that movie, just waiting for the creepy little girl to jump out at us. Sissy-pants, I know. But yeah, this trailer is JUST - LIKE - THAT! No lie. The music is creepy, the flickering images are standing-arm-hair worthy, and after watching this (more than a few times) I am STILL getting tingles!

Anyone who knows me will agree that I'm a bit of a horror movie geek. Love a good creeper flick. The trailer for TEN  has that same vibe. I guess it sort of helps that the book is YA horror and all... But I am so sold.

Creepy. Scuuury. Padded cell. Awesome.

Please feast your eyes on this fantabulousness and let me know your thoughts. Read it? Was it as awesome and creeptastic as the trailer? Please share because I am soooo dying (Heh, get it? Dying.) for this book now!

Author: Gretchen McNeil
Publication Date: 9/18/12


And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment