January 19, 2013

22 Things You Needed To Know About Me

If you don't follow the wonderful Frankie Diane Mallis, you need to. She is laugh-out-loud funny and cute as can be. I want her to be my friend. Anyway, she was donned the Liebster Award and instead of officially tagging folks in award-forwarding, Miss Frankie tagged anyone who read the blog post. And I read her blog post.


So as to not disappoint, I will now participate. Besides, the rules of 'eleven' appeals to me for reasons I state below. Without further ado, the rules:

1. 11 random facts about me.
I can totally do random. It's like my specialty.

2. 11 questions answered for the person who nominated me.
Okay, questions are good. Improv is not my strongest asset.

3. I nominate 11 picks for the award, and make up another 11 questions for them to answer.
Frankie cheated, so I'm following her bad example. :) If you're reading this, wa-bam! Consider yourself tagged.

4. Nominated peoples will be listed below with their 11 questions of DOOM.
Heh. Again, not good at improv so, my lovely taggees, feel free to answer the awesome questions below.

5. Nominated people do the same; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
And away we go...!

11 completely random facts you may or may not have ever wanted to know:

1. My birthday is on 11/11 so I totally geek out over 11s. It's my fave number. Once doubled my money betting on 11 playing Roulette.

2. As a kid, I didn't like reading because we had to for school. I think I associate reading with oral book reports, which were like kryptonite for shy gals like me. I didn't get bitten by the reading bug until my early 20s.

3. Classic introvert. Many people have thought I was a total beotch when first meeting me because I don't talk much. I'm totally not a beotch, and these people usually ended up being my closest friends. 

4. I'm artistic, but not crafty. There's a BIG difference. I can sketch and stuff, but I can't walk into a Hobby Lobby and come out with a project. I actually envy those people.

5. I didn't go to traditional college. I'm an online graduate.

6. Besides my initial introversion, I'm a complete and utter goofball. I'm waiting for the day my son begins to roll his eyes at me rather than laugh along with me. It will come, I know it.

7. The color pink and I have a hate/hate relationship. I don't like it and it looks horrible on me. Earth tones are more my gig.

8. I prefer 'boy toys' to 'girl toys' and always have. Boy toys are so much cooler. 

9. Kind of a Tom Boy. I own one dress and I got married in it. I own one pair of heels (that are more than an inch high) and I have yet to wear them outside my closet. 

10. I have a nervous tick of biting my lip, or picking at my fingers (I blame my father, he does the same thing) and I'm that person who makes a sarcastic comment when tensions are too high. In other words, not great at handling awkward situations.

11. I can do an uncanny impression of the Sand People from Star Wars. My hubs hates it when I do it. I think I embarrass him. 


That wasn't so bad, now was it? *snortle* And now for the 11 random questions to answer:

1. What do you LOVE? (Not a person, but a thing)
Holy mother of all things addictive! Reese's Peanut Butter cups! I would eat them on a boat. I could eat them with a goat. I would eat them on a train. I could eat them in the rain...

2. What do you HATE? (again, not a person--this could be a pet peeve of grammar or glitter or whatever).
Holy mother of all illiteracy! People who say 'supposebly' instead of supposedly. For the love all things that are green, there's NO 'B' IN SUPPOSEDLY! Okay, whew. I feel better. OH! And people who don't know how to merge into traffic.

3. Favorite Author?
Oy vey. I seriously don't have a favorite. Some of the authors who I totally fangirl are Myra McEntire, Cassandra Clare, Jennifer L. Armentrout and Jeri Smith-Ready.

4. Favorite period in history? why?
It's a toss up between Victorian London and the 1920s. They are both very romantic times to me. The industrial revolution with proper etiquette in one and mobsters, bootlegging and speakeasies in the other. To be honest, the only time I ever paid attention during History class was during the 1920s studies.

5. What's your favorite Myth (or fairy tale)? why?
Oh my... Faeries, will-o-the-wisps... On a completely different path, the Native Skinwalkers have always fascinated me too.

6. What's your favorite god/goddess in mythology?
Demeter. :) Long story there...

7. Which character of your own would you most like to have show up on your doorstep?
I'm not gonna lie. Kennon. He's my fave and I LOVE writing him.

8. For Friendship or Romance? Why?
Um, duh. Romance! I feel like such a cougar. Well, technically he's a lot older than he looks so that would be okay then... I need to stop thinking about it.

9. Which character of someone else's would you most like to have show up on your doorstep?
I think it's because I just read DEFIANCE, but I would love to have Logan McEntire show up. Grrrrrr...

10. For Friendship or Romance? Why?
Definitely romance. And totally a cougar on this one. Rawr.

11. What book have you read the most? Or if you don't reread books, what book do you most remember the experience of reading?
I haven't re-read it...yet, but Clockwork Prince from Cassandra Clare. The pain she inflicts on her characters... I bow to her. After finishing, I was so twisted up with emotions I couldn't speak for like an hour.


So there you go! This was actually kind of fun. And as Frankie did, I pass the torch to anyone who decides to participate in this. Share a bit of yourself, or you can comment on the questions below. It's all about sharing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment