December 31, 2011

Another year comes to an end...RIP 2011 We loved you!

Here we are. It's December 31st, the last day of another year. It is also a time of reflection. No matter who you are or where you are in your life this is the day we look back at the past year and evaluate the choices we made, new discoveries, new friends, lost loves, and what grand adventures await us in the next year.

I would like to take the next few moments of your precious time to recap some of my fave 2011 moments. Just bear with my cuz I will likely get a little geektastic with some of this. But it cannot be helped, really.

First off I discovered my inner writer. WOOT! Who knew she was in there? I sure as hell didn't. For years I have lived in my own head, in my own little make believe world. Now I am in the process of sharing my world with others and it feels AWESOME!!! Why it took me so long to find this side of myself I will never know but good GAWD almighty am I glad I did.

Next up is my son, Boog. He graduated from toddler to preschooler. He went from being more self sufficient in his entertainment to discovering the wondrous world of Disney/Pixar and the Thundercats. He now likes to pretend play and it's the best thing ever! We hold 'swords' high and bellow in our best Thundarian voice, "Thundercats! HOOOOOOOOO!" Boog also finally 'got it' with Christmas this year. Seeing his face and the slight gasp of elation when opening presents from Santa was beyond wonderful. The appearance of a Sword of Omens and his very own Woody doll under the tree this year were a crowning mama moment.

Now for the geektastic moment.... NKOTBSB 2011! Yeah baby! Shush, no judging. I am slightly showing my age by expressing my obsession ..er.. stalkerness.. uh...passion... um love, for the fab boys from Beantown. That is New Kids on the Block to those of you not in the know. They made a comeback in 2008-2009 and then went all boyband crazy by joining up with Backstreet Boys in 2011. Oh yeah, I went to the concert in Nashville and nearly cried my joy. I did in fact lose my voice from my incessant screaming and was the butt of many jokes on the work front. Those haters just don't understand... *wink* I will eave you with a snip-it from my fave boys while I temporarily collapse is a puddle of reborn teen lust and angst...



But there was also those fab boys from the Irish Isles... The Script. I fell hard for these boys back in 2008, but finally got to see them here is Nashville this year. If you are not familiar with these hot Irish crooners let me share a tidbit... Feel free to swoon cuz I sure will be. Oi! I love these guys... Danny can SO drunk dial me anytime.



There was also the music...oh my the music!











I could seriously go on forever here but I will refrain. *giggle* For now I will dance around the living room like it's a Vegas night club. You are welcome to join me.

The movies!!! Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Transformers, Mission Impossible, Hangover Part 2, The Help... Again I could go on forever.

So what is next for 2012? I have no clue. Have I made any resolutions? Why yes! I will continue to feed my child's imagination, I will attend my first writer's conference in NYC next month (SCBWI babay!), and I will continue to work on my writing. I hope to join in with a good crit group so I can continue to improve my craft, I will finish making the final touches on my first novel and maybe, just maybe, I will be ready for submissions in 2012.

In any event I know without a doubt 2012 will be a great year and I am ready for all it has in store. Are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment