April 11, 2012

In My Mailbox #1: SHINE by Jeri Smith-Ready


Okay, so I realize these In My Mailbox deals are generally done on Mondays. This week has been jammed with work stress, doggie health stress, and potty training toddler stress, so I am just now getting there. My bad...

Monday afternoon I found a heavy-duty envelope crammed into my puny mailbox. Seriously, I think my mail lady shoved it in with her foot. After a lot of tugging, pulling, and a few naughty words, the blasted thing finally came out to reveal a return address of none other than Simon & Schuster. I think I wet myself. What could Simon & Schuster be sending ME? I'm nobody!

I tore the package open like a it contained a lifetime supply of red wine and chocolate, but only if I opened it in 2.3 seconds!

This is what I found...

But, this doesn't come out till May...? And then it hit me... HOLY CRAP I RECEIVED MY FIRST ADVANCED COPY!!!!!

Some time ago, Miss Jeri posted a form on her blog where you could request an advanced copy from the Pubber. I figured, 'what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks.' Sure, I do some blogging, but I am nowhere as hard core as some of you fab bloggers. It was a shot in the dark, but who cared?! I knew I had the puppy on pre-order anyway.

Then it happened. I got mail from a big time publisher! For ME! An official copy of a fab book before you can get it in stores! This may be old news for some of y'all, but I am happier than a pig in--- um...heh...well I'm just so darned happy! I feel like an official blogger and it feels pretty good.




1 comment:

  1. YAY! You go, girl! I can't wait for your review!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete