August 14, 2012

Trailer Park Tuesday (6): ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Blood, Sweat and Books hosts the Trailer Tuesday meme and you can check out their awesomeness as well. Since I live in Middle Tennessee, I decided to country-fy my meme and go the trailer park route. *snortle* In my home away from home, I will spotlight some of the awesome book trailers out there in the world. Since the bigguns don't really need my meager help with anything, I will focus mostly on the little dogs...unless something bright and shiny comes along.

This week I'd like for y'all to take a peek at ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. Not the Beatles song or Beatles inspired movie, but the book by Beth Revis. The book, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, is a super cool space Odyssey of sorts. I don't know about you, but I'm a total Sci-Fi geek. Oh yeah, big time. Star Wars anyone? Anyway, this book looks awesome! I read an except from the book website and I tell ya, damn. Check it out.

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE was released in 2011 and the second installment A MILLION SUNS was released this past January. The third, and final, book SHADES OF EARTH will release in 2013. Below is the trailer I stumbled upon and I was instantly hooked after watching. I had to share it with all you lovelies! Aren't I a peach?

Also do yourself a favor and check out the book site. There's all kinds of cool features to play with. Emphasis on the 'play.' *wink*

Author: Beth Revis
Publication Date: 1/11/2011




Amy is a cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed. She expects to wake up on a new planet, 300 years in the future. But fifty years before Godspeed's scheduled landing, Amy's cryo chamber is unplugged, and she is nearly killed.
Now, Amy is caught inside an enclosed world where nothing makes sense. Godspeed's passengers have forfeited all control to Eldest, a tyrannical and frightening leader, and Elder, his rebellious and brilliant teenage heir.
Amy desperately wants to trust Elder. But should she? All she knows is that she must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets before whoever woke her tries to kill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment