October 02, 2011

It just keeps getting better...

Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift. As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart. 

I just love Jeri to pieces! The Shade series is really shaping up to be one of my faves.

Aura is really stuck between a rock and a hard place. The 'Hottie Scottie' Zach being the rock and punk crooner Logan being the hard place. Both are super delish in their own way and again you will find yourself torn between who you adore the most.


Shift picks up where Shade left off and we start to learn a little more about the mystery between pre-shift and post-shift kids and how it relates to the mystical structure of Newgrange. We get a few unexpected answers, but of course Miss Jeri still leaves us salivating for more.


The mystery of Zachary's parents comes to light and the even more baffling mystery of Logan's...um....semi-corporeal form really heats things up. Like really heats up. 'Scuse me whilst I fan myself.


The relationships that Aura has with each equally swoonable guy becomes more complicated and you cannot help but melt. The conflict they both endure with Aura is really sweet in a break-your-heart sort of way.


Jeri packs in some action with some ever so memorable river scenes (wooo...must fan myself again) that will keep you flipping pages. I must warn you though, the book does end and will leave you tapping your foot and pulling out hair waiting for Shine next year. I know because I am already there!

Did Shift rock my world? Let me take a moment to gather myself... YES! An 8.9 y'all on the Richter scale! Download it! Buy it! Read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment