November 11, 2011

It's my party and I'll WRITE if I want to!

Here we are...another year down for yours truly. Do I feel a year older? No, not really. Well wait...my neck has a kink, a found another gray hair, and I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel. Crap! I am a year older! Dagnabbit. Oh well.
Yeah, this is how I totally feel right now...Egads.

So what do I plan to do for my birthday? Yous looking at it kid! HA!

Every year the day job gives us employees a 'floater' to take in their birthday month. Since I'm a November baby I usually use the said floater for Thanksgiving as we visit the in-laws in Indiana. This year we will be home since DH has to work. That leaves me to use my floater for my actual birthday. WOOT  for THREE DAY WEEKEND!

When asked what I planned to do for this glorious day in celebration of my birth I decided to channel my inner author. That's right peeps, I'm writing for my birthday. Bit on the dorkish side, but that is me...Queen Dork. Just ask DH.

I have a hot date today with my laptop and WIP, Fiáin . So very excited about this. It is not everyday I can focus on what I love doing ALLLLL day. Generally there is some mom responsibility, day job responsibility, or wife responsibility. Today is a full fledged ME DAY!

My goal on Nov 1 for my own whacked out version of NaNoWriMo was to cut 50,000 words out of WIP (as requested by editor) and so far I have cut nearly 30,000. Feeling sort of superstarish right now. I know, dorkish relapse. As a green writer I am very proud of this accomplishment and know I can meet my goal. Or I will die trying BY GAWD!!! A little dramatic, yes, but that's what you get with theater background. Tee Hee.

So I will be rocking out to some iHeartRadio for inspiration and plugging away at WIP. Sounds like a fine way to celebrate the day I was born to me!

Happy Writing to you all! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment