November 22, 2011

Six does have the Power...to make me want M-O-R-E!


I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.
Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

I just love this series! I am Number Four was awesome and now I am totally on board with The Power of Six. I think it is because the author, Pittacus Lore, plays his own special part in the story. Some may say the dude is a serious whack-job, but I think it’s genius to completely immerse yourself in the story. Pittacus Lore claims to be an actual Elder from the planet Lorien that has observed the ‘actual events’ in the Lorien Legacy series. He is merely changing names to protect the ‘innocent.’ I love it!!!

The Power of Six picks up right where Number Four left off, John is on the run with his best friend, and human, Sam, and fellow Loric, Number Six. Henry is gone and the three are now being set up as fugitives and terrorists after the showdown in Paradise, OH. John’s face is plastered all over the internet and there is nowhere to hide. All they can do is train.

Six work with both guys, who both develop interest in the bad-ass chick that Six is (I heart her seriously!). After John finally reads a letter left by Henri, they learn some interesting info about Sam’s dad, whom Sam still believes was abducted by aliens. Against some better judgment the trio heads back to the wolf’s den, Paradise, OH, to search out some vital info. Of course John has a Sarah meltdown and HAAASSSS to see her. Things get ugly quick and the boys get hauled off by The Man (aka FBI). My girl Six shows just how bad-ass she can be and pretty much saves the day…for now.

There is some major stuff going on in Spain as well. We meet another of the Loric Garde, Number Seven, who is closed up in a catholic orphanage with her Cepan, Adelina, who has pretty much given up the fight. Seven, or Marina as she goes by in Spain, has some super cool Legacies and soon finds herself being hunted by possible Mogs. Marina befriends a small girl as she struggles with her developing Legacies and the realization that she will have to leave Adelina if she is to survive at all.

We also get introduced to Number Nine, who seems to be quite the little hottie…grrrr, while John and Sam attempt to retrieve their Loric Chests with their Inheritances. He is cocky, cockier than John I would say, and is much more educated in the Loric ways than John. I see some great conflict brewing with these two…

There are fantastic snarling beasts, deafening explosions, friendships formed, friends lost, love lost and found, and all around great entertainment! The Lorien world is fascinating and truly imaginative. The characters are great and well thought out. The pacing is great! It was a quick read and I cannot wait to see where Pittacus takes us on this journey. The Power of Six leaves us with so many cliffhangers I am not sure what to ponder first! Book three dangit!!

Did The Power of Six rock my world? Holy Lumen I love these books! 8.5 babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment